Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hjertestop


So when I heard that Hjertestop was doing an LP on the illustrious No Way Records I was so excited since their first 7" was pretty rulin but before I got it I heard a few not so positive reviews of it. Unbeknownst to me these people were right, this LP was available to me for free and I still decided not to keep it. I mean it's not terrible, it's like when you order a burger that looks delicious in the picture and then you bite into it and it tastes like a burger but one that was smeared with a light shit flavored secret sauce. They are going for that whole so cal hardcore thing, you know bands like the Adolescents and Bad Religion who had some punches but melody as well. The melody falls short and the tunes just did not give me that firm tug on the scrotum I was expecting. Some of the riffs are pretty catchy but in that BYO records, I'm 45 and shop at hot topic and talk about the old days even though I wasn't there type of way. It's not the worst thing I have ever heard but not even interesting enough to keep around for a once a year spin on ye olde turntable. Download below for their first ep, which is definitely worth checking out and was just repressed in the U.S. by Fashionable Idiots so pick that up and avoid the LP like that clingy girl you accidentally let blow you at last weekend's kegger. 

Download:
http://amargadodelavida.blogspot.com/2008/09/hjertestop-aarh-fuck-der-er-hjertestop.html

www.myspace.com/hjertestop

2/5

-Davey


2 comments:

  1. kinda like how tippers gore falls flat in everything they do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah, hjertestop is like that bloody booger you just can´t seem to get off your finger no matter how much you try.
    This is going on our page, hope its cool. Cheers from k-town

    ReplyDelete