Thursday, March 12, 2009

LET DOWN

This band is so pissed! Probably one of the most pissed bands in hardcore today. If you have not heard Let Down they are a straight edge hardcore band from Pennsylvania. I can hear all you stoners sighing but you know what this band is not preachy and sings about plenty of everyday issues that even you alcoholics can relate to. They sound like SSD's "Get It Away" humping Chain Of Strength's "The One Thing That Still Holds True" into submission. You have the intense vocals that make Springa seem like the fat girl in your seventh grade PE class. The instrumentation embodies the best parts about hardcore and infuses it with breakdowns that can be likened to the late 80's youth crew bands. Breakdowns can go so horribly wrong but these breakdowns are as fresh as a 12 year old girl's panties. They never once take away from the rage and pure energy this band exudes. The tempo changes that this band does are incredible, switching in an instant and keeping you on your toes but at the same time being totally justifiable. This record is intense throughout and although the influences are evident, they pay homage to them in such a way that seems new and exciting, much like seeing your first boob.  Only one song barely breaking the two minute mark this is some great hardcore that I could not recommend highly enough. Once again download below but buy their records, support the band! 

5/5

Blogload: http://stupidwarezcom.blogspot.com/2008/04/let-down-were-in-this-alone-2008.html


-Davey

3 comments:

  1. I don't so much agree with this review about let down. I will agree with you of the greatness of the band, I mean they're great! I've always thought that. As far as the comment on being one of the most pissed hardcore bands today? Not at all agreed. To me I would consider this just typical anger from any straight edge band, any straight edge hardcore band I would all amount equal in anger pretty much, there's not one who stands out differently to me anger wise, and yeah, I am straight edge so don't try and use the I don't know where they're coming from point of view comment if you were thinking about it. All in all this band does not stand out to me in the "most pissed off band I've heard in years" category, it's one of the last I'd consider them in really. I mean there's bands who's sole purpose seems is to bum you the fuck out just by reading about their lives and how miserable it is to be living, and you can feel all the anger, and the hate, and the rage in the music and the lyrics, and even the artwork! To me it's all as one. It's bands that just completely hate every single thing, their lives and all. Anyways, Let Down is a great band but to me is just a typical pissed off straight edge band, I would never consider them that much of a "pissed off" hardcore band. Another thing, I've never heard one crazy tempo change in these songs, I don't hear any off beats or off-fills I mean yeah they'll just go into a breakdown after the chorus or verse but what hardcore song doesn't really have a breakdown nowadays? I'm being sarcastic just proving that point too. But anyways as far as anything being compared to being as fresh as 12 year old panties, GREAT!!! Other than my 2 points on that, pretty decent review. I'll be looking forward on reading the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much appreciate the recognition here by the way.
    I feel this band is strongly overlooked and should be paid much more attention too,
    and in regards too Mr.Chris's comment above
    he is right on the anger scale, basically stating if you think these guys are pissed (which they very well are) you would be shocked by the insanity spit from other neighboring hardcore bands today.

    ReplyDelete