Sunday, March 8, 2009

Switchblade Sisters

At the recommendation of a friend I recently watched this exploitation classic. I was VERY hesitant because the DVD had Tarantino's face eclipsing half the cover announcing his re-release of the film.

Switchblade Sisters wasn’t half bad. It had your standard 70's b-movie acting and dialogue, bad lighting, and a fabulous soundtrack. It didn't drag the way so many exploitation films do. It had some great all girl knife fights, a brawl against a giant lesbian, and the most violent roller rink incident of the decade. The only thing it needed was just a tad more sex and violence. When I watch a 70's exploitation film I expect more bare breasts and pubic hair than I can handle and sadly this was lacking that. If you're a fan of the genre, or if you watch whatever Tarantino tells you to, it's totally worth a watch.

3/5

-Eddie

1 comment:

  1. eddie why you gotta be such a hater? lay of the haterade yo

    ReplyDelete